Cedar Plank Trout
- 1 Untreated Cedar Plank, soaked in cool tap water for 1 – 2 hours before start time.
- 2 Natural or Ruby Red Trout Fillets
- 1/2 Cup Grated Horseradish Root (or healthy portion of a jar of horseradish)
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Orange Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Green Onion
- Pre-heat grill until hot. Combine horseradish, zests and cilantro; mix well and season with salt and pepper. Season trout with Cajun spice. Transfer fish to pre-soaked plank and top with horseradish mixture. Place plank on the grill over indirect heat and cover immediately. Check for doneness after 6 minutes; do not overcook.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. Carefully remove fish from the plank with spatula and pour sauce over the trout.
Adapted from: Outdoor Gourmet
<< Back to Recipes