- 4 Natural or Ruby Red Steelhead Fillets, or seasoned of choice
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of table cream
- 4 1/2 oz Gruyere cheese, grated
<< Back to Recipes
- Arrange the trout skin side down, in a buttered baking dish. Dot with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper and add the wine.
- Heat on top of the stove until the wine is bubbling. Beat the eggs and cream together and pour over the fish.
- Cover with grated cheese and bake in a hot oven, 400°F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Fish should be fork-tender and cheese bubbly.
- Gruyere = Gruyère. Gruyères are excellent melting cheeses, and they're commonly used to make fondues, soufflés, gratins, and hot sandwiches. Varieties include Swiss Gruyère, Beaufort, and Comté. Substitutes: Emmentaler OR Jarlsberg OR Appenzell OR raclette OR Swiss cheese