Cranapple Steelhead Fillets
- 6 Natural or Ruby Red Steelhead Trout fillets
Steaming liquid: Apple bouillon (makes 4 c.)
Cranberry Sauce: (makes 2c.)
- 4 c. apple juice
- 1/2 c. sliced onions
- 1 rib celery, cut to 1” lengths
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 peppercorns
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 c. apple juice
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 2 c. fresh cranberries
- 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 c. sugar
<< Back to Recipes
- In a large pan combine 4c. apple juice, onion, celery, bay leaf, peppercorn, and salt. Mix well and heat to boiling. Simmer for 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Place the fillets on a rack over the simmering mixture and steam for 9-10 minutes or until fish is fork tender, flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Carefully remove fish to a hot platter. Discard the apple bouillon mixture.
- To prepare the cranberry sauce, add apple juice to small pan. Stir in lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar, bringing the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a medium heat and add the cranberries.
- Cook until cranberry skins pop, about 5 minutes. Partially mash the berries and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over the fillets before serving.