Fillet of Trout with Tomato
Truite à la Tomate
- 4 Natural or Ruby Red Steelhead Trout fillets
- 1 TB Capers
- 2 TB green olives, pitted
- 8 to 10 pearl onions, chopped
- 1 pound ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 TB chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 3 TB olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Place the steelhead fillets on an oiled baking dish and season with salt.
- Combine the capers, green olives, pearl onions, tomatoes, chopped parsley, and chopped garlic and spoon the mixture over the fillets.
- Pour the white wine over the fillets and vegetables, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and bake until the fillets are just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Adapted from: Made in Marsellille, September 2002, By Daniel Young, HarperCollins
<< Back to Recipes