Grilled Southern Quesadillas
- 4 Southern Steelhead Trout fillets
- 2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1pkg. Flour Tortillas (10inch)
- Salsa to taste
- Sour Cream
For added flavor:
- Chopped onion
- Chopped peppers of choice
<< Back to Recipes
- Grill, Bake, or Pan-fry trout until fork tender, remove and discard skin; break up trout into bite size pieces.
- In lightly greased frying pan or flat iron, arrange 1/2 c of each cheese over one tortilla. Top cheese with 1 trout fillet pieces, approximately 3/4 cup. Sprinkle chopped onions and peppers if desired. Add second tortilla to top the first one. Pan fry over medium heat about 3 minutes, turn over and continue cooking until cheese is melted in the middle and desired crispness is achieved.
- Cut with pizza cutter and serve with salsa, sour cream, or avocadoes.