- 4 Southern Steelhead Trout fillets
- 1 pkg Tortillas (10inch)
- 1 12 oz sour cream
- 1 pkg enchiladas seasoning or taco seasoning
- 2 small cans enchiladas sauce
- 2 c. Mexican blend cheese or cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce if desired
<< Back to Recipes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grill, pan-fry, or bake Steelhead trout until fork tender, set aside. Mix sour cream with enchiladas seasoning in medium bowl. Add steelhead to this mixture.
- Oil baking dish, 9x13. Laying one tortilla flat, scoop 3/4 c steelhead and sour cream mixture to lower half of tortilla. Spread evenly in a straight line. Roll tortilla around mixture, place into baking dish, seem side down. Repeat until mixture is gone or baking dish is full. For smaller enchiladas, use less filling and roll tighter.
- cover enchiladas with 2 small cans of enchiladas sauce, sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved.
- serve with shredded lettuce.
- For spicier enchiladas, add chopped chilies, or Jalapeņos.