Steelhead with Fresh Herbs
- 2 or more Natural or Ruby Red Steelhead
- garlic cloves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh herbs including parsley, basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary, marjoram
- lemons, thinly sliced
<< Back to Recipes
- Preheat oven to 400°F or preheat grill.
- Roll out aluminum foil large enough to wrap fillets, brush with olive oil.
- Place fillets skin side down onto foil with butter pats on top. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Finely chop the herbs of your choice with the garlic, sprinkle over the trout to cover completely. Lay 3-4 thin slices of lemon over the top of each fillet.
- Wrap the foil tightly around fillets. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Or place on hot grill for 15 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the foil, discard the lemon slices. Can be served with olive oil drizzled over the finished fillets.